We're an ordinary family, complete with picky eaters, budget concerns, and time management issues. But to prove that "eating local" works - even for busy families in cooler climates - we're trading Chick-Fil-A and goldfish crackers for grassfed meat and local produce. Join our adventure in learning to eat (sort of) sustainably for the summer!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Oh, noes! Salmonella outbreak!

Oh, dear!  I wonder if my eggs are included in the recall?

Wait, my eggs come from a lady who raises her chickens sustainably on a farm in the Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area, not from some giant poultry production line in Iowa.  I guess that's why I didn't think twice about the safety of making Lord Baltimore frosting for my cake the other day.

Omelets at my house, everyone!

PS - more info on chicken conditions in Ohio, the nation's second-largest egg producing state, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment