We're an ordinary family, complete with picky eaters, budget concerns, and time management issues. But to prove that "eating local" works - even for busy families in cooler climates - we're trading Chick-Fil-A and goldfish crackers for grassfed meat and local produce. Join our adventure in learning to eat (sort of) sustainably for the summer!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Confession

Last night I fed my daughter and her friend Easy Mac for dinner because I knew they wouldn't eat the focaccia we were having and I didn't have the energy (or ingredients) to make a separate pizza for them.

Of course, I also gave them organic raisins and homemade applesauce, so it wasn't a complete breakdown in the system, but I still felt pretty bad about it.

On the bright side of things, it's been so long since we've made Easy Mac that Jason had to actually read the instructions before he started, which I take as a positive sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment