We're an ordinary family, complete with picky eaters, budget concerns, and time management issues. But to prove that "eating local" works - even for busy families in cooler climates - we're trading Chick-Fil-A and goldfish crackers for grassfed meat and local produce. Join our adventure in learning to eat (sort of) sustainably for the summer!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Conversation I have every time we shop for anything

"Mom, can I have (insert name of junk food here, most often Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or Cheetos)?"
"No."
"Pleeeeeeeaaaaaase?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"What do you think I'm going to say?"
"'Because it's not local and it's not organical and I've told you this a million times before, so stop asking.'"
"Yep."
"(insert a sigh worthy of someone with the weight of the world on their shoulders) Whatever.  Can I have a peach instead?"
"Yep."

No comments:

Post a Comment