We finally found local asparagus ... and I was so excited that I went a little overboard.fragrant around here this week.
Also from the farm market - The world's largest local lettuce:
That thing is so big we're going to split it with the neighbors so it doesn't go all slimy before it gets used up.
The other big news is that we got the list of what we're getting in our first CSA basket! Here's what I have to find a use for by the time I pick up my "small" bag on Friday:
- Spinach on the stem, 1 bunch (approx 8 oz)
- Radishes, 1 bunch
- Cilantro, 1 bunch
- Leaf Lettuce (various varieties), 1 head
- Pea Shoots, 4 oz.
- Grass Grazed Milk (skim, 2%, or whole), ½ gallon
- Free Range Brown eggs, 1 dozen
- Grassfed Blue Gouda, 8 oz
- Trevor’s recipe from Berkshire pork, 1 lb (4 weiners) uncooked
- Large hearty sausage buns
- ¼ peck Jonagold apples (approx 4-5 apples)
I'm really excited about what we're getting. The only way it could be better is if I hadn't just spent this afternoon buying cilantro, and lettuce, and local milk, and free range eggs. Guess I'd better try to use up the stuff I bought today before Friday, huh?