We're an ordinary family, complete with picky eaters, budget concerns, and time management issues. But to prove that "eating local" works - even for busy families in cooler climates - we're trading Chick-Fil-A and goldfish crackers for grassfed meat and local produce. Join our adventure in learning to eat (sort of) sustainably for the summer!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

So long, farmers' market

Today was the last day of the farmers' market I usually attend.  Well, they may be open next weekend, too, but we're not going to be in town to visit it, so it was the last one I could possibly attend.

I decided, for the first time since the market opened, to sleep in and skip it.

It was bliss.  But I missed The Pie Guy, and the Meat Man, and The Dude Who Thinks I Mainline Cider.  Guess I'm going to have to drag myself over to Shaker Heights once in a while for my farmer fix this winter, huh?

Oh, crap - I just noticed that it doesn't start until January!  Ack!  Withdrawal imminent!  Must comfort myself with raw-milk cheddar and a piece of Chickenzilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment